Friday, September 06, 2013

DIY Personalized Toy Box

This week I started (and finished) a craft project I've been thinking about for a while now. I made the girls a personalized toy box. It was easier to complete and turned out nicer than I expected, so I'm sharing a basic how-to. 

The reason it was so easy is that IKEA sells a $15 toy chest with a wooden frame that's a perfect blank canvas for any room theme you might want to match. Mine was going in my living room so I actually used leftover red paint from my accent wall. I also like that the box has no hinges to pinch little fingers, and is lightweight enough for my two-year-old daughter to easily open. It's great for hiding and organizing toys. And now... the DIY stuff.

That's it! Of course, it really helps that I am fantastic at hand lettering, but if you have a vinyl letter cutter or access to any craft store like Michael's that sells vinyl letters you'll be in good shape. I'm really proud of this toybox project. My older daughter requested that I paint a rocking horse on it, which inspired the front quote. I just came up with the rest of it. 

#toybox #DIY #customized #personalized #kids #gifts #organizing #toys #toystorage

No comments: